Friday 8 October 2010

Introducing our Guest Designers ~ Karen Leonard

Today we continue to welcome our Guest Designers and today I would like to introduce you to...
Karen Leonard
About Karen

'Hi I'm Karen and I live in Suffolk, with my husband, two teenage daughters and Bazzil our dog.
I discovered scrapbooking in 2006, and was so happy to have found something which satisfied my craving for 'sticking and glueing'; something me and my eldest daughter used to do for hours when she was a toddler!
I've always enjoyed craft activities of some sort or another, and have my friend Evelyn to thank for introducing me and my girls to scrapbooking.
I've been lucky enough to have worked with Vanessa and Lesley at Papermaze in Otley, for nearly 4 years, in which time I have learnt so much and met some amazing people with a real passion for paper. I have enjoyed designing several Layout kits for the monthly crop and creating pages to display on the shop walls, which hopefully provided some inspiration for customers.
I love making pages with layers and 3D elements, generally ones I have made myself. I don't tend to buy ready made embellishments so my kits and projects are usually very 'D.I.Y'!
If there was one product I couldn't do without, it's ink pads; I don't think I could create a page without inking some edges!
I'm very much looking forward to designing a project for a class at 'The Big Event'.'

Thank you Karen for being a part of our team, and we are very much looking forward to your class!

Check back tomorrow, for our next guest designer!

Anna

The Big Event Team

No comments:

Post a Comment